The La Porte Education Foundation's Dollar Patrol, which is comprised of foundation members, donors, school district officials, and community members, traveled to all the campuses in the district to award grants to 133 teachers.
Grants awarded for the 2018-19 school year will be used to purchase some of the following items: iPads, MimioVote Assessment Systems, physical science activity labs, and web-based educational programs.
“Thanks to the generosity of the community, the La Porte Education Foundation is honored to once again provide grants to help teachers and administrators bring new technologies and methodologies to classrooms," La Porte Education Foundation Executive Director Charlotte Pennye said.
Campuses in the district received these cumulative grant total amounts:
- James H. Baker Sixth Grade Campus $12,667.80
- Bayshore Elementary $3,609.02
- College Park Elementary $14,502.71
- Academy of Viola DeWalt High School $7,509.93
- Heritage Elementary $5,627.51
- Jennie Reid Elementary $4,105.20
- La Porte Elementary $6,064.05
- La Porte High School $11,207.37
- La Porte Junior High School $23,453.63
- Lomax Elementary $10,247.77
- Lomax Junior High School $32,329.58
- Leo A. Rizzuto Elementary $10,669.15
- Special Programs $8,006.06
Since 1993, the La Porte Education Foundation has awarded more than $2.3 million in grants to teachers, counselors and administrators in La Porte ISD for innovative educational projects.
Each year, corporations, small businesses, and family foundations support the La Porte Education Foundation by participating in the Annual Partner Program. The Partner Program runs from August to July of each year.
Participating partners for the 2018-19 year include the following: The Albemarle Foundation, The Bill & Helen Crowder Foundation, and MRC Global are Distinguished Level sponsors in the LPEF Partner Program. Gold Sponsors are Air Liquide, INEOS ICAN Foundation, Gulf Coast Educators Federal Credit Union, and LyondellBasell.
H-E-B Tournament of Champions is a Silver Level partner. Arkema, INEOS Olefins and Polymers USA, LBC Tank Terminals Group, OxyVinyls, Tellepsen, and W. R. Grace are Bronze Level partners.